KUALA LUMPUR: Police are believed to have taken all seven individuals linked to the deadly Darul Quran Ittifaqiyah tahfiz school blaze to the crime scene at Kampung Datuk Keramat here.
Today, a 16-year old teenager, handcuffed and his face concealed in a mask, was taken to the school about 11.50am.
He was seen alighting from a sports utility vehicle, escorted by police officers. Another team of policemen was seen beefing up the security around the school to prevent the media and onlookers, who have been pouring in since last week to visit the school, from taking pictures of the suspect.
The teenager was immediately taken into the school compound before being led to the back of the building.
It is believed that he was there to facilitate investigations including on how he and the others orchestrated the crime by burning down the third-floor dormitory which killed 21 students and two wardens.
The incident happened about 5am on Sept 14.
They spent 10 minutes at the back of the building before using the staircase there to access the upper floor.
The policemen and the suspect left the school about 12.50pm.
Federal and City Forensic units, which have been here since Tuesday, were also seen combing the area and taking pictures to wrap-up their investigations.
Several employees of The Malaysian Muslim Consumers’ Association (PPIM) whose office was located adjacent to the school said police had brought six suspects to re-enact the scene on Tuesday morning.
“They came about 7.15am. The suspects were handcuffed and their faces concealed with a face mask. They were taken to the building and at the back of it.
“They spent about an hour here,” said a PPIM employee.
Wangsa Maju police chief Superintendent Mohamad Roy Suhaimi Sarif said police would apply tomorrow for an extension of the remand of the suspects.