PETALING JAYA: DBI Properties managing director Datuk Nuruliman A. Rahman (pic) was released from remand on Wednesday evening, only to be promptly rearrested and brought to Muar for further investigations.
Nuruliman – better known as the actor “Boy Iman” – is one of three suspects in a housing scam which led to RM6.2mil in losses being incurred by victims of the scheme.
Bukit Aman Commercial Crime Investigation Department Director Comm Datuk Seri Acryl Sani Abdullah Sani said Boy Iman was released at 6pm after his remand ended.
However, the case is still being investigated and all three suspects will be remanded on Thursday. Boy Iman will be sent to the Muar police district headquarters, and the other two to Nilai, Negeri Sembilan.
“The case is still being investigated, the police will call a few more individuals to assist in investigations,” said Comm Acryl.
He said that police had received 201 reports involving house sales by DBI Properties and Syarikat Juta Kelulut Global Resources, an increase from the 188 reports previously received.
Comm Acryl said that police reports were made throughout the country.
All three suspects had been previously remanded for two days from Tuesday to assist with investigations under Section 420 of the Penal Code.
In the scam being investigated, houses were offered at below-market price to buyers, such as a bungalow measuring 1,650 sq ft being offered for RM60,000.
However, once payment was made, the construction did not take place.
In the first arrest, the police seized two cars, three handphones, a doctorate certificate and various company documents from DBI Properties.
“In the second arrest, we seized two handphones and documents from Syarikat Juta Kelulut Global Resources,” said Comm Acryl.
Read more at http://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2017/10/04/boy-iman-released-from-remand-rearrested/#ZXqQXmuUSkC858B4.99